Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week one--- Starting Point

 Well, Times passes really fast. Week one is almost coming to an end. After the first lecture, i got to say our seniors were really doing a great job. They can survive 5 assignment. Then I can do it! However, what they said really scared me a bit. I am sort of worried about the time management.  Luckily, all other modules do not have projects this sem. This is done on purpose when choosing the modules =D.  The presentation of the module is really cool.  Well, i think this module is unique in the sense that you are free to do what you want to do.
  Frankly,  i have not been equipped with enough knowledge to create a Facebook app alone.  I spent my holidays reading books regarding php , apache js etc. But putting them together is a different story. Now what we will be probably using is node.js & mongo DB. Well, i am attend the workshop on Sat. It is really a good opportunity to get to  know more about php mysql ,git & aws.  I am studying for this module for like 8 hours a day or more. But it will take some time to catch up.
   The talent show is awesome. There are so many talents in the class. And they are really cool!  I am really not goot at acting in front of "public", let alone singing. They are people who can do coding with half eyes open. There are people who can use the photoshop etc to design a model.  This really opens my eye. Luckily they are now my teammates =D.
     I got to say github is coder's version of dropbox.  The best thing about it is its powerful function to do merging and forking.  Hopefully, the upcoming Sat workshop will bring me more information.
     This is not the end of this blog. I will write more after Sat workshop.
     Cheer!!!


So i get to learn some new stuff out there, like how to use aws services. How to transfer file to the server.  This is something i did yesterday. http://ec2-54-251-13-168.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com/hi    haha. I am gonna watch some tutorials on node.js and javascript.



To end this entry , to ask why we fight is to ask why the leaves fall, it is nature !

2 comments:

  1. Hope that the workshop benefited you a lot. :) Don't worry about what the seniors said because i) we're down to just 2 assignments, a seminar and the main project, and ii) it's all about the mindset and values. If you're doing what you feel to be meaningful, you will automatically want to do it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. I really get to know how to pick up new stuff fast. It is really true to say that the time taken for this module> sum of time taken for the rest 5 modules.

      Delete