Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Milestone

  I am taking CS3216 in the upcoming semester.  I think it would be rather challenging for me. I heard about this module one year ago from my friend who spent hours and hours a day struggling this module. Nevertheless, i feel somewhat excited and a bit scared. It is just some random mixed feeling.

  From the two years' study experience, one important thing i realized is that computer science is not really all about learning new languages :( . I have to  learn how to learn and where to learn. The world is moving forward at an incredibly fast speed. Trying to follow the footprint blindly is not helping too much in realizing our dreams. However before we can lead the way, we got to be well prepared in terms of knowledge and experience. Frankly speaking, i am not well prepared for that.  This may be part of the reason i take up cs3216:Be more Prepared.

  We never know how high we can fly before opening up our wings. I thank those challenges for pushing me to the limit so that i can know whom i can be and whom i want to be.=)  After reading the feedback given by our seniors, i would say cs3216 is quite challenging but i like that.

  Back to that main point of the blog: what i want to learn from cs3216:

>learn how to learn new stuff in a quick and effective manner.

>Turn  ideas in the mind to something "tangible".

>Work together with teammates.

>Most importantly, enjoy the challenges =P

  Hopefully, this will remain as one of the most pleasant journey in my university life!



1 comment:

  1. I think with the right mindset, 3216 will definitely be fun and memorable even if it's a little "off the deep-end". :D

    ReplyDelete